N. 1 device to be connected
Telephone and Internet systems
Wi-Fi internet connection
During the specified days preceding the event, the Exhibitor can obtain the connection at the Sale Office Service Center Block D, located next to the fair offices. The assigned “user name” will be valid until the end of the exhibition. The Exhibitor will be in charge of entering the required data in his/her PC. Each individual connection allows for 1 computer's enabling.
Important information on wireless networks
BolognaFiere S.p.A provides exhibitors a high-speed wireless network complying with European 802.11 standards.
The network transmits on two frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The first frequency (2.4 GHz) is not a band dedicated to wireless,
but is shared by other applications (for example: Bluetooth, Remote controls, Alarm systems, and many others).
This coexistence with other applications (especially Bluetooth) on the same band causes interference that at times may block the wireless network.
The 5 GHz frequency is dedicated to wireless and is therefore much cleaner, even if interference cannot be totally excluded.
If an exhibitor wants to use the wireless network in the Exhibition Centre, BolognaFiere recommends the use of equipment that
supports the 5 GHz band (802.11an), since the extent of interference on the 2.4 GHz network cannot be determined a priori.
The supplied connectivity does not allow for web publishing activities.
- The network that BolognaFiere provides exhibitors works with a web authentication system. Any device that cannot do authentication
(for example, any device that cannot activate a browser) will not work.
- If an exhibitor wants to use a private wireless network in the Exhibition Centre, BolognaFiere allows this only on channel 6.
- BolognaFiere will cut the service to the Exhibitor non-complying with the regulations.
- The installation requested beyond the deadline can be technically unfeasible, especially if the setting of the booth already started.
- BolognaFiere will not be held responsible for wireless network problems caused by interference of any kind.
The Exhibitor shall be held responsible for the safekeeping of the assigned
equipment and shall accept all liabilities for the rented equipment and it undertakes all liabilities in the event of theft or damage to the equipment of any kind.
For other kinds of connections not listed, the Exhibitor should ask BolognaFiere for an estimate, enclosing detailed technical specifications of the requested connection, no later than 20 days before the beginning of the event.